This holiday card from 1929 was created for Mr. William L. Clements, the founder of the Clements Library. The illustration is based on an etching of the exterior of the library by Wilfred B. Shaw. His work can also be seen in the circular Clements logo on the library website.
Wilfred B. Shaw was a graduate of the University of Michigan in 1904. He attended the Art School in Chicago, and was known for his work as an artist and etcher of UM campus scenes, buildings, and personalities. From 1929 to 1951, he was the director of alumni relations for the University of Michigan. The Wilfred B. Shaw papers are held at the Bentley Historical Library, University of Michigan.