"U-M in History" feature. The William L. Clements Library, designed by noted Detroit architect Albert Kahn, opened its doors in 1923. The photograph at right shows the library under construction in 1922.
See a higher-resolution scan of the construction photograph in the Bentley Historical Library's Image Bank.
To read more about the library's history, visit the History of the William L. Clements Library on our website.