The Spring-Summer 2015 Quarto is now available. The Quarto is a semi-annual magazine published by the William L. Clements Library and sent to members of the Clements Library Associates. This issue of The Quarto focuses on the Clements Library collections related to Benedict Arnold and John André.
- "Arnold and André," by J. Kevin Graffagnino, Director of the Library.
- "Commodore Arnold and the Defense of Lake Champlain," by Art Cohn, Earhart Foundation Fellow, co-founder & Director Emeritus, Lake Champlain Maritime Museum. Details Arnold's efforts to build an American fleet on Lake Champlain as the first line of defense against a British invasion from Canada.
- "André the Artist," by Brian Leigh Dunnigan, Associate Director & Curator of Maps. Highlights a lively but mysterious sketch by John André, purchased by the Library in 1978.
- "Accessory to Treason," by Jayne Ptolemy, Curatorial Assistant, Manuscripts Division. Peggy Shippen Arnold's role in her husband's treason.
- "Images of Treason," by Clayton Lewis, Curator of Graphic Materials. The Library's pictures of the Arnold-André plot and its participants.
- "After the Treason," by Cheney Schopieray, Curator of Manuscripts. Arnold's post-treason career.
- "Developments," by Anne Bennington-Helber, Development Generalist. Adopt a Piece of History event and other news.
- Calendar of Events